Thursday 16 September 2010

Karate Flop

So, I finally watched Karate Kid. I had pre-conceived ideas about this film which were later confirmed as I finished the film wishing I hadn't wasted the last hours of my life. It doesn't compare to the waste of time that was 'Pink Panther' but its up there. First of all, why would you move to China when you live in the USA? I'm all for new beginnings but the USA is an enormous place.

In the highly "original" story line, this boy played by Jaden Smith is being bullied and he wants to defend himself. Miraculously, the caretaker in his building is a martial arts master and decides he will teach the boy some moves. After seeing him take off and pick up his jacket for most of the film, my patience was starting to ware off. In the end this petite child that had about a few months training enters a competition against kids that have been learning the art for their whole lives. And what do you know, a couple of knocks and bruises later he wins the whole thing!

As I ended the film I thought to myself, right, that was...interesting. It wasn't the worst film I had watched, but I wouldn't watch it agai...

No people, that wasn't a typo. That was the sound of Justin Bieber's voice interrupting my thought flow. As I thought the film couldn't get any worse, Bieber's song was in the credits. Leaving my respect for the film at 0.

Later on in the credits, it said, "Produced by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith". What? No? As if Jaden Smith's mediocre acting wasn't enough, I find out the only reason he got the part was most certainly because his parents produced the film. Great. Now my faith in the industry was at zero too.


No comments:

Post a Comment